Discussion on Tribal participation in COVID-19 vaccine trials
- Current platforms used in vaccine clinical trials
- Tribal interest in vaccine clinical trials
- Data sharing and clinical trial participation
- Community engagement needs
Dave Wilson, Ph.D.
James M. Anderson, M.D., Ph.D.
NIH Deputy Director for Program Coordination, Planning, and Strategic Initiatives, OD
Devin Delrow, J.D.
Associate Director for Tribal Affairs, Office of the Secretary, | Intergovernmental and External Affairs, HHS
- STAC meeting - NIAID & THRO presentation
- Congressional Interest in Clinical Trial Diversity
- Tribal Health Data Improvement Act
Dave Wilson, Ph.D.
Donna Crews, M.S.W.
Legislative Analyst, NIH Office of Legislative Policy and Analysis
Discussion on How the TAC Moves Forward
- Agendas - How can we more effectively set monthly agendas? How can Delegates proactively engage with TAC Chair around agenda setting?
- Moderating Discussions - How do we ensure all Delegates have a chance to speak and share time fairly during the meeting?
- Fall TAC Meeting - How should we plan for a Fall meeting which would be virtual? Length? Dates? Theme?
- Delegate Caucusing - How can we handle and plan for caucusing?
- Working Groups - What is the status of working group activities?
- Role of TAC
- Are we fulfilling our role in advising NIH on policies, programs, and priorities?
- How do we do this during the pandemic?
- What are the critical questions we should be asking ourselves to fulfill our role?
- What activities and issues are high priority?
- In terms of COVID-19, what needs to be done now with respect to research/trials, and what can we start planning for?
- What type of community engagement or education needs to be done around clinical trials and around anticipation of a vaccine?
- Accessing NIH Materials and Information
- Would delegates be interested in a secure NIH site where they could access materials?
- Are delegates familiar with the THRO website? Do you use it? What’s needed?
- Materials for TAC Delegates to Disseminate
- What kind of materials do Delegates need to share with their communities about NIH, research and TAC activities?
- Would one-pagers on topics of interest be helpful? (e.g. explaining CoVPN; explaining the THRO AI/AN grant finder, etc.)
TAC Acting Chair