Location and Map
6705 Rockledge Dr, Suite 730, Room 730-N (MSC 7992)
Bethesda, MD 20817
From I-495 (Capital Beltway) in Northern Virginia:
Take I-495 (Capital Beltway) northbound (Inner Loop).
Stay to the left and enter I-270 North at the I-270 spur.
Take Exit 1 to Democracy Boulevard.
At the third traffic light, turn left onto Fernwood Drive.
At the third traffic light, turn right onto Rockledge Drive.
Follow Rockledge Drive about ½ mile.
Rockledge I & II are located on your left.
From I-495 (Capital Beltway) in Maryland:
Take I-495 (Capital Beltway) westbound (Outer Loop).
Stay to the right to enter I-270 North at the I-270 spur.
Take Exit 1B and turn left at the traffic light at the top of the ramp onto Rockledge Drive.
At the first light, yield to the right to stay on Rockledge Drive.
Rockledge I & II are located on your right.
At 6701 and 6705 Rockledge Drive parking lots, the building owner has marked designated parking spaces that may include, but are not limited to, TENANT PARKING, VISITOR PARKING, RESERVED PARKING, HANDICAP PARKING, NO PARKING, etc. Any space not otherwise marked is designated for TENANT ONLY PARKING.
Tenants must have a valid NIH parking permit issued by ORS displayed in their vehicle at all times in order to park in the parking lots. Parking hangers must be displayed without obstructions. Parking hangers must be hung from the rearview mirror and dash board permits must be placed on the drivers’ side dashboard. Vehicles with no permit or failure to display the parking permit properly, may result in the vehicle being towed from the premises.
Visitor/Guest: A person who is NOT a tenant in the building as a permanent duty station.
- Visitor/Guest parking is only allowed in spaces designated for “VISITOR/GUEST PARKING.”
- Tenants are not eligible for Visitor/Guest Parking.
- All Visitor/Guest must obtain a valid temporary parking plaque from the guard’s desk located in the lobbies of either 6701 and 6705 Rockledge Drive. This plaque must be displayed on the driver’s dashboard at all times while vehicle is parked on the premises.
Additional parking can be found at nearby public parking garages.
- 6720 Rockledge Drive, Bethesda, MD 20817
- 6700 Rockledge Drive, Bethesda, MD 20817
- 6555 Rock Spring Drive, Bethesda, MD 20817
At the building entrances where guards are posted:
- Employees must show a DHHS-issued photo ID (for example, your NIH-issued ID badge).
- Visitors may be required to log in, wear a visitors pass and have an employee escort them through the building.
- Visitors may be required to pass through a metal detector and have bags, backpacks or purses inspected or x-rayed as they enter buildings.
- Security staff will be looking for and confiscating any suspicious or potentially dangerous materials. U.S. Code prohibits bringing any dangerous weapons onto Federal property, including anything with a blade longer than 2 ½ inches. Meeting participants may want to leave extra bags or personal materials at their hotel to minimize the time needed for inspection.
After-hours building access will require the use of an employee ID on electronic access card readers at building entrances and certain internal areas.