iSearch version 2.5 has been launched!
OPA has launched iSearch v2.5 with new features added to iSearch and the Portfolio Tool. iSearch is NIH’s next-generation portfolio analysis platform, providing comprehensive, easy-to-use access to a carefully curated, extensively linked data set of grants, patents, publications, clinical trials, and approved drugs.
New features in iSearch v2.5 include:
- Functionality to allow the user to select the content fields to use in the Foamtree visualizations and save defaults
- Increased record limit for interactive transfer between iSearch modules with filter functionality if the record set exceeds the new limit to continue the interactive transfer process
- Option to export as an RIS file for use in citation software
- Relevance score for search results is now an exportable field
- Notice of Special Interests (NOSI) field added to the Grants module
- Primary PCC is searchable and facetable in the Grants module (previously, only All PCC(s) and Main PCC(s) were available)
- Clinical Impact flag added to the Grants module
- Info icons are available in advanced filters providing quick access to definitions and help text
New features in iSearch – Portfolio Tool include:
- Date Added has been added to portfolios as a facet and advanced filter enabling users to quickly identify new records, or subsets added on a particular date
- Portfolio owner/manager can set initial default fields to view in record, table and facet view for all portfolio users via user preferences
- Ability to copy an entire portfolio (previously, you could only copy curatable fields from an existing portfolio)
- Info icons are available in select locations within portfolios providing quick access to definitions and help text
- More robust warnings have been added to the keyword highlight functionality in portfolios to guide users
View the one-pager for a brief overview of the new features in iSearch v2.5: iSearch one-pager or watch the video tutorial for a brief demonstration of the new features. If you require access to iSearch, please send us an email.
The OPA training team provides virtual classroom training in the use of iSearch and the iSearch – Portfolio Tool. You can find further details, and register for class, here.
As always, we are interested to hear what you think about the tool. The v2.5 functionality has been added as a result of feedback from users. Please let us know what you think about the tool and new features by using the ‘Submit Feedback’ button in iSearch or send us an email. Happy searching! The iSearch team
iSearch COVID-19 Portfolio tool
OPA has developed and launched the iSearch COVID-19 Portfolio tool, a resource for probing a comprehensive portfolio of publications and preprints curated by subject-matter experts to focus entirely on COVID-19 or SARS-CoV-2. Our COVID-19 Portfolio tool leverages the cutting-edge analytical capability of the iSearch platform and includes peer-reviewed articles from PubMed and preprints from arXiv, bioRxiv, ChemRxiv, medRxiv, Research Square, and SSRN. It is updated daily with the latest available data, enabling users to explore and analyze the rapidly growing set of advances in COVID-19 research as they accumulate in real-time.
We designed the platform to provide maximum flexibility and ease-of-use: users have access to visualization using key terms to group articles into interactive clusters for download or further queries, search the full text of articles and/or supplemental datasets in addition to titles and abstracts, store and share URLs to save and periodically update the results of useful search strategies, and a host of other features. The OPA Director, Dr. George Santangelo, provided a detailed description of the tool and its features for the NIH community on the Open Mike blog.
You can access our iSearch COVID-19 portfolio here: https://icite.od.nih.gov/covid19/search/. Any feedback you can provide would be greatly appreciated; please send comments via the Feedback button associated with the tool.
iSearch version 2.4 has been launched!
iSearch is NIH’s next-generation portfolio analysis platform, providing comprehensive, easy-to-use access to a carefully curated, extensively linked data set of global grants, patents, publications, clinical trials, and drugs.
New features in iSearch v2.4 include:
- Foamtree category downloads: Option to download Foamtree visualization categories and link to source
- Find similar records: Returns results with the ability to filter based on level of similarity
- Boost search terms: Prioritize some terms over others in a text search
- Relevance score: Displays similarity of result compared with search criteria in Table View
- Edit facets and filters: Ability to edit facets and filters from the breadcrumb trail
- Reset button: Resets the search in the modify facet window
- New fields and facets in the Grants module including:
- Active Grants
- Facet on RFA number
- Main PCC
- Key Personnel
- OPA RPG flag providing a broader definition of Research Grants
- Facetable year fields included in all modules
- Improved help text in Facet View in all modules
- Copy curatable fields from any portfolio that you are an Owner, Manager or Super Curator
- Portfolio name included in download
- Time stamp included alongside date in records added to portfolio
View the one-pager for a brief overview of the new features in iSearch v2.4: iSearch one-pager.
Full details of the new features are included in the release notes section of the user guide: https://itools.od.nih.gov/help/release-notes.
If you require access to iSearch, please use the link here to email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
As always, we are interested to hear what you think about the tool. The v2.4 functionality has been added as a result of feedback from users. Please let us know what you think by using the ‘Submit Feedback’ button in iSearch, or use email@example.com(link sends e-mail) to email us.
The iSearch team
This page last reviewed on December 2, 2020