iSearch version 2.4 has been launched!
iSearch is NIH’s next-generation portfolio analysis platform, providing comprehensive, easy-to-use access to a carefully curated, extensively linked data set of global grants, patents, publications, clinical trials, and drugs.
New features in iSearch v2.4 include:
- Foamtree category downloads: Option to download Foamtree visualization categories and link to source
- Find similar records: Returns results with the ability to filter based on level of similarity
- Boost search terms: Prioritize some terms over others in a text search
- Relevance score: Displays similarity of result compared with search criteria in Table View
- Edit facets and filters: Ability to edit facets and filters from the breadcrumb trail
- Reset button: Resets the search in the modify facet window
- New fields and facets in the Grants module including:
- Active Grants
- Facet on RFA number
- Main PCC
- Key Personnel
- OPA RPG flag providing a broader definition of Research Grants
- Facetable year fields included in all modules
- Improved help text in Facet View in all modules
- Copy curatable fields from any portfolio that you are an Owner, Manager or Super Curator
- Portfolio name included in download
- Time stamp included alongside date in records added to portfolio
View the one-pager for a brief overview of the new features in iSearch v2.4: iSearch one-pager.
Full details of the new features are included in the release notes section of the user guide: https://itools.od.nih.gov/help/release-notes.
If you require access to iSearch, please use the link here to email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
As always, we are interested to hear what you think about the tool. The v2.4 functionality has been added as a result of feedback from users. Please let us know what you think by using the ‘Submit Feedback’ button in iSearch, or use email@example.com(link sends e-mail) to email us.
The iSearch team
This page last reviewed on February 7, 2020