Office of Nutrition Research (ONR)
Advancing nutrition science to promote health and reduce the burden of diet-related diseases
The Office of Nutrition Research:
- Advises the National Institutes of Health (NIH) Director, Division of Program Coordination, Planning, and Strategic Initiatives (DPCPSI) Director, and other key officials on matters relating to research on nutrition
- Coordinates implementation of the Strategic Plan for NIH Nutrition Research
- Coordinates research projects in nutrition science conducted or supported by the NIH Institutes and Centers (IC)
- Identifies research projects that deserve expanded effort and support by the ICs
- Develops, leads, and manages trans-NIH nutrition research projects in cooperation with the ICs
- Represents the NIH on intradepartmental or interagency committees on nutrition research and related policy issues
Subscribe to receive ONR email updates.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The nutrition research community and stakeholders are encouraged to request a listening session with relevant NIH staff to provide input on scientific ideas along with challenges, barriers, and emerging opportunities in nutrition research. To request a NutRitioNaLS session, please email email@example.com.
This page last reviewed on August 31, 2021