NIH at the 2020 USA Science & Engineering Festival (USASEF)
Please visit the site often for continuous updates leading up to the 2020 festival!
The National Institutes of Health (NIH) invites you to join us at the 2020 USA Science and Engineering Festival (USASEF) Expo at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center in Washington, D.C. on Saturday, April 25 (10 a.m.- 6 p.m.) and Sunday, April 26 (10 a.m.- 4 p.m.). A special "Sneak Peek" Friday on April 24, is designed for military families, home schoolers and school trips. The NIH will participate at the USASEF along with other Federal agencies and industry leaders in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM). Learn more about our program at the 2020 Festival.
Event Highlights from NIH
- An Exhibit – NIH will host an anchor exhibit in the Health and Medicine Pavilion staffed with representatives from the NIH’s 27 institutes, centers, and offices.
- Activities – Engage in a number of hands-on activities focusing on health, biomedical and behavioral science topics.
- NIH Nifty Fifty – The NIH has several employees that are part of the Nifty Fifty program. The Nifty Fifty are a group of inspiring Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) professionals who are available to speak about their work and careers at middle and high schools across the country during the 2019/2020 school year.
- Alison Cernich, Ph.D., Neuropsychologist, Deputy Director, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development
- Robert Hufnagel, M.D., Ph.D., Ophthalmic Genetics Researcher, National Eye Institute
- Griffin Rodgers, M.D., M.A.C.P., Physician-Scientist, Director, National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases
- Stage Show – NIH will host a special show, starring institute and center directors among others, on one of the main USASEF stages.
- Step Into the Future of Health – Jump aboard the All of Ussm Journey education vehicle to explore about the power of precision medicine. Learn how your genetics, lifestyle and environment make your health needs unique and why diverse respresentation in biomedical research matters.
Themes Explored at the NIH Pavilion
Find Us at the Festival
The NIH Pavilion is usually on the lower level of the convention center. As you enter the exhibit hall, look up to the rafters for the large NIH Ring circling above the NIH Pavilion area. Check back for updates on our location for this year's festival (ie. booth number, expo map, and the NIH Pavilion map).
This page last reviewed on February 25, 2020