News & Events
- PA-13-223, SBIR (R43/R44) and PA-13-224, STTR (R41/R42): Improvement of Animal Models and Development of Technologies for Stem Cell-Based Regenerative Medicine
- PAR-13-219: Developing and Improving Animal Resources (G20)
- Harvard to shut down primate research center where monkeys died, citing tough economic climate.
- RFA-OD-13-008: Limited Competition: Restoring Research Resources Lost Due to Hurricane Sandy (R24)
- RFA-OD-13-006: Limited Competition: Shared Instrumentation For Hurricane Sandy Disaster Relief (S10)
- Platyfish genome deciphered, offers potential model for cancer research.
Welcome to the Office of
Research Infrastructure Programs
On December 23, 2011, President Barack Obama signed the Fiscal Year 2012 Omnibus Appropriations bill. As a result of this legislation, some of the National Center for Research Resources (NCRR) programs and the NIH Office of Science Education were transferred to the new Office of Research Infrastructure Programs (ORIP), Division of Program Coordination, Planning, and Strategic Initiatives (DPCPSI), NIH Office of the Director.
ORIP consists of the following programs:
- Comparative Medicine Programs
- Nonhuman Primate Resources
- Vertebrate and Invertebrate Animal Resources
- Genetic, Biological and Other Resources
- Career Development
- Extramural Construction
- Research and Animal Facilities Improvement
- Shared and High-End Instrumentation Grants
- Science Education Partnership Awards
- Small Business (SBIR/STTR) Grants for Comparative Medicine and for K-12 Educational Resources
- Office of Science Education