- ORIP Home
- About ORIP
- Division of Comparative Medicine
- Division of Construction and Instruments
- Office of Science Education/Science Education Partnership Awards (SEPA)
- Research Funding
You are here
Nonhuman primates such as rhesus monkeys are critical for biomedical research because of their close physiological similarities to humans. They enable discoveries that apply directly to studies on human health and help scientists test treatments for health conditions such as drug addiction, obesity, malaria, and AIDS.
ORIP's nonhuman primate program funds animals, facilities, technologies, and materials that support this research. ORIP also is responsible for the National Institutes of Health Chimpanzee Management Program.
- Primate Resources for Researchers
- Chimpanzee Management Program
- Funding Opportunities
- Staff Contacts